Following an enquiry from Noreen on mrs2be.ie, Noreen and Pat decided to book Explosive Entertainment for their full wedding dj disco at their wedding reception at the Radisson Blu in Limerick.
We provided the music from the first dance - Some Surprise by Cake Sale and Lisa Hanigan, to the last song of the night- One Day Like This by Elbow.
With plenty of Jives & Waltzs to suit the crowd as well as more recent tracks for the wedding disco
, there were lots of genres of music played on the night and the crowd danced from Daniel O Donnell through to Nikki Minja!!Noreen & Pat's Testimonial:"I have to say dealing with Explosive Dj's must have been one of the easiest things we did for our wedding. We were worried that people wouldn't "understand" an all night DJ at an Irish wedding but we neednt have worried! From start to finish our DJ was just fantastic, he went with the crowd on the night and the dancefloor was never empty, I would have no hesitation in recommending Explosive DJ's."
Thank you for letting us be part of your special day.
We are delighted to announce we will be in attendance at this magnificent Event & Showcase Day that is taking place @ Castle Dargan Hotel & Resort, Ballygawley, Co Sligo on Sunday 15th September 2013, 2pm- 6pm.
Talk to our Wedding Team on the day about the perfect Wedding DJ Package to suit your needs.
Weddings are expensive affairs!! With venues, menus, photographers and flowers to choose, and the overwhelming costs of weddings, the do-it-yourself option can suddenly appear very appealing.
One of the latest trends in the DIY wedding planning is the DJ. With some opting for an iPod wedding, some having the band to double over as the DJ or having a family member who is a "bit of a DJ" taking on the role. Great money saving idea??
iPod Wedding :
This involves couples choosing to skip the DJ or live band altogether, instead opting to run the music themselves. Great idea - after all, your laptop isn't going to demand money, and you're guaranteed to hear all your favourite songs.It's as easy as clicking a button. Sounds like a winner, right?
- How big are your computer speakers? Big enough to fill a room with over 150 people? For the music to be at a reasonable level throughout the room, you'll require at least two 400 watt speakers, paired with a mixer. Not only that, but microphones are also needed for requests and announcements and shouting on your wedding day doesn't make for a great look.
- An iPod can't read the crowd! An experienced wedding DJ can pick up on what your guests want to hear and adjust their set accordingly.
- An iPod can't interact with the crowd. An iPod sitting in the corner doesn't really set the right mood
- What if your guests want requests?
- Who is going to operate the iPod and be responsible for it on the night??
Band as the DJ :
Many bands now offer a disco as a cheap add on, which in some cases involves the drummer turning into the DJ, very convenient for the band, but not exactly giving the most important day of your life the finale it deserves! So ask yourself: would you prefer a tired drummer operating a laptop while the other band members load the van or a professional experienced wedding DJ, who knows how to fill the dance floor and interact with your wedding guests.
After all, would you ask the chef to come out and be the DJ after he finishes his shift in the kitchen????
Family Member As Your DJ :
Is your family member a professional DJ or is he or she simply someone who “has a lot of music” on their computer with little or no experience as a professional wedding DJ. If they are the latter, you could be headed for a real problem on your wedding day.
- What if they decide they want to get involved in the party and abandon their DJ Role!
- Will they know how to interact with the crowd?
- Will the family member just stand there and not make any requests or announcements on the microphone?
- What if they say vulgar and obscene things on the microphone.
- Will they know how to read a crowd and continually keep the dance-floor full all night?
- Could they solve any technical sound problems if something happens?
Going down the DIY route can be tempting and can save you money but this can backfire and leave you
feeling disappointed with the finale of your Wedding Day.
So why not hire a professional Wedding DJ from Explosive Entertainment for your Wedding Disco.